Front Sight Flashlight Adapter
Since the widespread training and use of indoor CQB tactics by military units and law enforcement agencies, the ideal light placement has been sought on the contemporary carbine. Weapon lights placed on 3:00, 9:00 and even 6:00 rail positions are often blocked by interior features or cover, creating hazard to both operator and yet–to-be-identified occupant(s). Light mounting at the 12:00 position is optimum, but is obstructed by flip-up front sights.
The TangoDown Inc FFA-01 was developed to solve this issue, and add several additional features:
- Allows SureFire X300*, SureFire Mini Scout Light M300A, Inforce WML weapon light to mount at the 12:00 rail position, maximizing the sight radius of back-up iron sights.
- Provides constant point of aim to the shooter, with or without optic.
- Enables easy ambidextrous operation of the weapon light by the shooter.
- Saves valuable rail space on short barreled carbines.
- Solid CNC construction from 4130 steel with black manganese phosphate finish protects X300 weapon light (not included) from impact damage.
- Integral front sight post is easily adjusted for proper zero.
The FFA-01 is easily installed** in minutes with a 9/64” allen wrench (user supplied). Front sight can be adjusted using a 5/64” allen wrench (user supplied).
* FFA-01 fits SureFire X300, Surefire M300A, M600C and Inforce WML models.
** FFA-01 is for use with flip-up front sights only, not for use with standard M4-style fixed front sights.